Canada is a glorious country with breathtaking mountains, lakes and rolling hills stretching across nearly 10 million square kilometers. Stunning sights nestle within the great Canadian landscape, each vastly different than its counterpart, offering a little something for every traveller willing to conquer this expansive country – an incredible feat not everyone is capable of achieving.
In honour of Canada’s 149th birthday, compiled below is a list of some of the most majestic natural beauties Canada has to offer from the Great Atlantic Ocean to the bright blue Pacific. And because pictures speak a thousand words, the world of instagram adventurers will share the story of our magnificent country offering 20 reasons you should explore this wild place for yourself.
1. Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland
2. Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
3. Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
4. Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia
5. Cavendish Beach, Prince Edward Island
6. Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick
7. Gaspé Peninsula, Quebec
8. Niagra Falls, Ontario
9. Agawa Canyon, Ontario
10. Churchill, Manitoba
11. Big Mud Valley, Saskatchewan
12. Leader, Saskatchewan
13. Canadian Badlands, Alberta
14. Banff, Alberta
15. Spotted Lake, British Columbia
16. Tofino, British Columbia
17. Liard River Hot Springs, British Columbia
18. Baffin Island, Nunavut
19. Ivvavik National Park, Yukon
20. Nahanni National Park, Northwest Territories
Featured Image: Nahanni National Park, Northwest Territories
Travel blogger for thehereandwow.com and member of the Travel Media Association of Canada. Follow her adventures on twitter (@ginaalward), Facebook (The Here and Wow) and Instagram (@thehereandwow).
Note: Click the @ handles to link to each instagram profile.
For more Canadian beauty, click here.