The Here and Wow has been proudly nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Om Trip Blog! The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers by bloggers, serving as a fantastic initiative to show appreciation for one another’s work and supporting that work as it continues to grow.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you with a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you (listed below).
3. Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Stanislava and Dian from Om Trips Blog asked The Here and Wow the following questions:
1. How do you imagine the ideal “om trip“?
Travelling to a place of great spiritual importance and learning the sacred art of meditation! Self-discovery and self-enlightenment are both at the heart of travel, and I’d love to further this exploration combining my two loves: travel and self-improvement.
2. What’s your hometown (or where do you live right now), and would you recommend it for an “om trip“?
My hometown is Havelock, New Brunswick, Canada, but I am currently in Lisbon, Portugal. The music festival scene in New Brunswick is at its peak during the summers and it’s actually such an incredibly spiritual experience. Lisbon, as a counterpart, is vibrant and beautiful and has an air of “Om” in and of its own. Either would be grand for an “om trip”!
3. A special place you’d want to share with us?
Ireland forever has my heart. I’ve tried numerous times to describe its beauty and wonder in my writings, and each time I feel as though I’ll never be able to do it justice. It’s the place I truly found myself and the place that forever calls me home – if you haven’t been yet, GO!
4. Which is your favorite gallery/museum?
While my kind of travel doesn’t typically centre around traditional museums and galleries, the Marijuana Museum in Amsterdam was extremely cool! Learning about the culture, medicine and history surrounding marijuana practices was definitely a worthwhile experience.
5. What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a foreign country?
Eat! Food tells the story of a place and its culture.
6. Do you practice any kind of sport while traveling?
Not really! I’m so busy moving, travelling in and of itself is a sport.
7. What do you collect from your travels – besides memories?
I try not to purchase too many souvenirs as there’s always limited room in my luggage, so my new thing is to collect recipes from the places I’m visiting! It’s a delicious way to keep the memories alive.
8. Which is your favorite travel book?
What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding by Kristen Newman – this book inspired me to travel solo and has helped me realize you can create your own path in life and be just as successful as if you worked a typical 9-5 job. We are all unique individuals – so why should anyone expect us to live the same lives?
9. Which is your favorite travel quote?
10. Are you happy here and now? Give some advice how to be happy in the present moment 🙂
I certainly am! I’m coming from a place where everything seems possible and I know more about myself than I ever have. Travel brings understanding and enlightenment, and to enjoy each moment that makes our days so wonderful is to appreciate this art. In any moment, try looking at the beauty of the things around you and allow this beauty to fill you with love. Heighten your energy, and you heighten your experiences.
11. We are based in Bulgaria. Do you have plans to visit Bulgaria one day?
I have no plans as of now, but you never know which way the wind will blow.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
My questions to you, fellow bloggers:
- Which country most resonates with who you are and why?
- What makes your blog so unique?
- Why do you travel? (i.e. What about travelling is most fulfilling to you?)
- What is the coolest thing you’ve seen in the accommodations (hostel, hotel, etc.) you’ve stayed in while travelling?
- What’s one thing you always pack in your suitcase, but never actually need?
- Who (or what!) inspires you?
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- If you were to start another blog, what would it be about?
- How do you live in “The Here and Wow”?
- When chasing your dreams, what is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- What advice would you give other bloggers starting out?
Looking forward to hearing all of your answers and to see how your own journeys have shaped you as bloggers. Please keep this beautiful initiative going, my friends! We all want to share our unique voice with the world.
If you’re inspired to start your own blogging journey, click here.